Carpets, kids and pets are triple trouble in your house. If you have them, then you know how messy things can get. Kids will pour all manner of stuff on your carpet. Pets will leave fur and mud from outside. You will be harboring all the types of germs in your expensive rug. With steam cleaning, you will get ahead of all this mess in your carpet. But what if you cannot afford to do steam cleaning regularly? Then you should know how to disinfect carpet without steam cleaner.
How to Disinfect Carpet Without Steam Cleaner
cleaning. Choose whatever suits your preference and keep your carpets clean and safe at all times.
Deep cleaning your carpets naturally.
If someone in your home is allergic to scents, then using strong cleaning chemicals and products is not advisable. How about doing it naturally? Yes, that is a possibility and here is how to go about it;
- Club soda
Did you know that club soda is a very effective carpet cleaner? If you did not, now you do. It is an excellent remover of wine and blood stains. Pour a small portion of soda on your carpet and blot it using a clean rag or towel.
- Solution of water, dish soap and vinegar
Mix a quarter tablespoon of vinegar, a quart of lukewarm water, and a table spoonful of regular dish soap. Stir them to mix evenly. Before you use it, test the solution on a small hidden spot on your carpet. If it does not fade the small section, you can go ahead and use it on the whole stain.
Carpet deep cleaning without steam cleaner.
You will require dish soap or baking soda, a bucket, an old toothbrush, a clean cloth or towel, and regular carpet brush. Here are the steps you should follow;
- Put warm water in the bucket
- Start by vacuuming the carpet to get rid of loose dust and debris
- You can either use dish soap or baking soda on the stain. For the soap, use one tablespoon for between 6 and 8 inches of the stain. That means you should measure the total area covered by the stain. If you are using baking soda, sprinkle it to cover the stain entirely.
- Swoosh the baking soda gently until bubbles begin to form
- With the warm water in the bucket, use a carpet brush, toothbrush and towel to mildly scrub the stained area. Be careful not to use a lot of water that could soak the fabric.
- Open the windows and turn on the fan to speed drying
- When all the moisture is gone, vacuum your carpet. It is ready for use now.
Whether you are cleaning old water stains or dog urine from your carpet, it is important to disinfect it as soon as possible. Learning how to disinfect carpet without steam cleaner will also save you time and money. You can decide to go it all natural without using any chemicals. The decision is now in your court of how you want to cleanse your carpet. If there is too much work to be done, you can always contact a professional to clean your carpet.